I guess it's time to post a little update (and time to procrastinate-- I have 3 midterms next week)... I can't believe how long it's been since I've seen most of you guys. Almost 2 years now! Well, just so you all know I'm still alive, here's some of what Ive been up to.
I am LOVING Yale. It is seriously the best place for me. I have a lot of amazing friends, and the classes are super interesting (even with all the work...). I'm still planning on majoring in Art history and am currently taking a survey course that has been really interesting. I'm also taking a class on cultural anthropology, Intermediate French, and a Political Science class on Nationalism (some things never change.) For Nationalism I have to write a 20 page term paper at the end of the semester, and I'm obviously going to write it on Puerto Rico... yeaaah.
As for extracurriculars, I'm very involved in the International Student's Organization, particularly in the Social and Financial councils. I might be running for the executive board next year as well. I really love the ISO and all the people in it, and we get to organize interesting events and fun dance parties ;) I also work 10 hours a week at the Department of Ancient Art in the Yale Art Gallery, where I've learned a lot about what it means to work in a museum. Love it!
As for summer plans, I recently heard that I was accepted at a Yale-sponsored internship in Buenos Aires, Argentina, at a really important Latin American art museum. I'm super excited! I've never been to Argentina, but have heard from everyone that Buenos Aires is absolutely beautiful and looots of fun. Spending 2 months there should be a blast.
As with romance-related news, yes, I have a boyfriend. We've been dating since the beginning of December, and I'm so happy with how things are going. He's a sophomore, from Berkeley, California, and he plays bass in a jazz combo AND in a salsa band. He also speaks Spanish, so, unfortunately for him, he gets to listen to my loud Spanish rants about random things. I love the way he lets me pass out on his bed when I come back from the library at 2am and am too tired to go back to my own dorm (about 2 blocks down the street.) It's great.
Well, that's pretty much my life in a nutshell. I'll badger Levent the next time I see him so he posts a little something as well (can't guarantee anything :P). I'd love to hear from you guys, so drop me a line on Facebook or something. Much love.
PS- I saw Freya last weekend when she came to visit. It was a lot of fun!!
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
:D So good to see you posting, ma'am!
Sounds like Yale is pretty fantastic. Lo de ir a Argentina durante el verano suena super chulo. What'll you be doing there exactly?
Post a Comment