Subscribe to my full feed.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Dispatch from NYC

Hello everyone!

Since I'm still subscribed to this blog, Johes's recent post showed up one morning in my inbox and was welcomed as much as a bacon /egg / toast breakfast. That is to say, very much. I won't put the time into restoring some of the things that have since broken with the blog (mainly just the missing header), but the subscribe feature is still working and I strongly encourage you to contact those with whom you are still in touch and get them to subscribe too. Posts may not come very often, but I for one, enjoy these random updates. Do it for the children.

Onto updates from NYC...

I am now a junior (whoa!) Biomedical Engineering student at Columbia University with a minor in computer science. While I enjoy the subject greatly, it does involve a rather daunting amount of work. Unlike Johes, I actually have pretty girls in my engineering classes, something I'm thankful for since computer science isn't exactly known for its female/male ratio. On a side note, I'm now dating a redhead art history major, I wonder how that happened. I'm still premed, but am considering other options much more seriously than I ever have since middle school. I guess I'll post back in a couple years letting you guys know what I ended up doing ;-).

At Columbia, we have a volunteer student ambulance corps. It provides free transport and care to Columbia students and affiliates 24/7. I got EMT-B certified last semester and since then, the corps has consumed way too many hours of my life. I'm getting promoted next Monday (hopefully) and I'll finally be able to finally drive that ambulance around with lights and sirens. I'm terribly excited. It's an interesting experience driving a two ton ambulance through city streets. Very different from my minivan back in Ohio. Interestingly enough, "Sir, calm down" is something I now say on a regular bases.

I'm still running that webdesign company from back in the day. It's gone though a couple changes, but it's still moving along. I won't link to the company site since I'm rapidly making some changes, but www.cuems.org is a project I'm working on now. It's not 100% complete, but it's definitely mostly there.

If any of you guys will be around the East coast, I highly recommend popping in to visit the city. You're very much welcome to crash at my place and I can show you around a most excellent city. I hope you guys are doing well. Seriously. I'm not giving up hope that I'll see at least one or two of you guys sometime in the future. It is my sincere wish that you continue to do delightfully at life.

Take care,
Gawwy

No comments: