It's four in the morning here (in Gambier, Ohio for all of you that don't know) and I am seriously procrastinating instead of studying for my finals as I should.
Its been so long since, I've seen/heard/talked to so many of you. In fact, I think the last person I've seen in at least 8 months has been Diya. It's strange how time passes, but C'est la vie I suppose.
So let me fill you in on how things are here. I am at Kenyon which is amazing. The people here are really laid back, very artsy, kind of hipsterish, but very nice. There is almost no diversity which took a lot (and is still taking) a bit of getting used to. But I think I am faring well. I ran for student council and I am the president of my class which is very exciting.
In my class there are about 460 of us which is pretty small but very nice. I would say that I know about 3/4 of the people in my class and its really nice to walk into someone you know wherever you go.
Life back home is....interesting.
I came out to my mom this past summer and there were a lot of theatrics. It was the most emotionally and mentally draining experience I've gone through. We had stopped talking for about 2 and a half months, but I think that things are slowly starting to return to the way they once were.
I decided to check the blog because as I was procrastinating I decided to look at old TASP pics on facebook. It stirred up so many memories and emotions, it was really incredible. That summer was so precious and its strange how now it all just sort of seems like one big blur in retrospect. Yet I love how seeing one picture can take you exactly back to that moment and you can remember how you felt and who was around you. I suggest you all do it.
Hmm, what else. My love life is sort of lackluster. The Quentin thing got much more confusing and then I decided to leave that alone. There have been a few prospects here but not much more than that. Classes are good, but the people are so much better. I'm happy here. It was really weird, when I went home for thanksgiving break I felt oddly out of place back at home. When I came back to kenyon I kept catching myself almost calling it home. Did that happen to any of you guys?
I would love to hear how your college experience is going. If you happen to be perusing the blog please write a little post, it wont take any longer than 5 or 6 minutes.
Alright, well this stream of concioussness has gone on long enough. I think I'm gonna either try to study more or go to bed.
This is Alberto, and I'm out.
P.S. I still love all of you guys even if I don't talk to you regularly :)

1 comment:
Oooh, Alberto in a position of power! :P
Same thing here with the number of students. It's small enough that you see familiar faces all the time, but big enough that it's never boring. I love it. :) I'll post right now, actually.
As for the pictures--I know what you mean. It's incredible and...wow. I'm glad your mom is cooler now. *hug*
And I totally called my dorm home. ^_^
Post a Comment