I sat in AP Statistics today counting down the seconds until class ended and I realized something. September, October, November, December, January, February – today was exactly half a year since the end of TASP. In ways it seems so tragically far away and yet it is never too far from my mind.
I realize it has been quite some time so I will give you all a brief update as to my life. My debate team is doing wonderfully, my novices continually win tournament and get speaker awards – this, of course, I will take credit for in college interview. Truth be told, it was very little of my doing and mainly their own talent and dedication which continues to impress me. Mock trial has just started a few days ago and for the first time in the history of my school we won our first of three trials, beating a team we have lost to for the past 3 years by a single point. As captain, I feel very glad to have made our moderator so proud, though there is a lot of pressure to win the next two as well so we can advance. I have another trial Thursday and the final of the three a week from tomorrow. So, I’m keeping myself very busy with that. My classes are going well for the second quarter and the first I’ve had straight As with a single B+. Hopefully colleges will make a note of this before they outright reject me. As for colleges, almost all my interviews are done. I have Brown on February 15th and I still have not heard from Yale, which is strange. My complete list: Harvard, Yale, Brown, Dartmouth, Georgetown, Hamilton, UMich, BC, American, George Washington, Boston University, and Brandies. No need to tell me that’s far too many schools – trust me, I know.
On the TASP front, sadly I was unable to convince any deserving juniors to apply. I was informed of my region’s TASPlication Reading Day a few weeks ago, and although I was looking forward to it a lot I will not be attending because it is February 17th. Instead, I will be hanging out with Dan (and maybe Sarah?) on February 17th. We will, of course, do our bests to take many pictures and post them on the blog. Also, my mom makes scrapbooks for each of her kids when they graduate high school, meaning mine is coming up. This prompts me to ask, does anyone have any print photos of some of us together with me in them? If you do and would be willing to send me some please let me know and it would be greatly appreciated. God forbid I have a high school scrapbook and no TASP photos! Thanks to those of you who already replied to Sarah’s email, the earlier the better. I look forward to helping plan the reunion and seeing all of you again. I think of you guys all the time and I miss you so much you can’t even imagine. You often come up in my college interviews – not TASP – you, specifically. I know I have told stories of Laura, Levent, Ingrid, Sheron and Martin in interviews because you are all so smart and wonderful and influential in my life. I’m sorry to those of you I haven’t done a great job keeping in contact with, please call me whenever you have time and I will certainly make time to talk. I apologize if this post is all over the place, I’m trying to hurry so I can go shower.
I miss you all and love you,
Anthony
Monday, February 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
1. YOU ALWAYS CALL WHEN I AM BUSY. You nut.
2. TASPLICATION READINGS OMAGAH I WANNA!
3. I envy your reunion with Dan and Sarah. Please give them a bearhug from me...or something. :P
4. Good luck with your interviews. My Cornell one is tomorrow, RIGHT after a hectic schedule of filming a movie for Spanish. Grah!
5. Sir, just upload them onto something like snapfish.com and have them sent to your house. :)
Sadly, it will just be a reunion with Dan. Curse my father and his unwillingness to drag me along for his trip to Boston. Actually just the unwillingness, I like my father.
Post a Comment