Subscribe to my full feed.

Monday, February 26, 2007

Hola! :)

Hello everyone. First of all, thanks to all those who took the time out of your busy busy schedules to wish me a happy birthday :) I had a really good time, although it would have been better if you guys had been there. I went with some friends and family to a traditional dance/music "show" (I say show because there is no other word for it in english. It was more like a group of percussionists playing the music and really talented people dancing in the middle of the small crowd.) The music/dance was Bomba, a Puerto Rican artform developed by the African slaves who were brought by the Spanish. It was so much fun! The beat really gets into you... Hopefully when you all come to visit me I can take you there. Afterwards, I went with a few friends to Old San Juan and hung out for a while.

Other than that, things have been ok. I have senioritis like never before, especially since I have about 35 days of class left. There are so many holidays and activities in the coming months that we almost don't get any class. It's pretty sweet, not gonna lie. However, we have a lot of work to finish before the glorious 8th of May arrives (last day for seniors), so I'm not celebrating yet. I assume I'm not the only one dealing with chronic senioritis, though ;)

I'm going to be in Boston from April 18th until the 24th, for Harvard prefrosh and random partying with some college friends. I'd love to see a few TASPers while I'm at it, so if anyone is going to coincide with me, tell me! (Needless to say, I've already informed Anthony about this:) ALSO, Grace is coming to Puerto Rico on March 23, so we'll be having another mini-TASP reunion! Seeing as Aida will be here, there will of course be pictures :D Keep me posted with your lives!

Much love, Laura

No comments: