Friday was the last day during which I spent the hours between 8:05 AM and 3:05 PM in the white cinderblock hallways and nubbly carpeted classrooms of my high school, likely the last time I shall ever open locker #651, and without question the last time I shall eat school lunch (fish sticks) from the "U.B.U. Lounge" (a.k.a. cafeteria).
It is not, however, the last day of school--next week I'll drop by school to take an exam and present a final project, that weekend I'll graduate, and the week after that I'll still have to come in and take a few surveys (because of complications with making up for snow days).
Still, it definitely feels like the end. Since several of you have graduated, and we're almost within a month of the one-year anniversary of the first day of TASP, I was wondering, what are your summer plans (aside, hopefully, from the reunion, which Anthony and I are still working on)?
Mine are pretty dull--more days at the Law Office of EAJ, the occasional bonfire with friends, perhaps seeking further employment as a waitress--but I assume some of you are doing exciting and unusual things. Please elaborate.
Friday, May 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Well, in two days I will be leaving for Beijing, where I'll spend three weeks learning to read and write. Then I'll be spending another month with family in Inner Mongolia.
Not much of note -- working ridiculous hours to pay for this "college" stuff; sleeping; reading; and playing tennis are the three top priorities.
By "three" I mean "four."
"College," Dan? Have you considered elementary school, or possibly kindergarten? I think they would more appropriately address your counting issues.
Harvard has taken hold already, I see.
You ivy leaguers and your uptight bickering
I'm not uptight!
Anyway, I'm currently looking for a job... I want something exciting, not some dull office job (I've never been known for my ability to sit still for long hours.) I'd love to work at Borders or some other cool book store, but I don't know if they will employ me... what with my lack of experience in anything related to retail. I'd also love to get a job in Old San Juan, at a small store or hippy little café. I'll keep you guys posted! And if I do get a job like that, tell me if you'd like me to send anything cool using my employee discount :P But we'll see how that goes.
And let's keep the blog alive. It's been a bit inactive lately...
Hm. I might try to get a job too...I need the cashola. Same here, actually: I'd love Borders! Alas, I am not 18. Soooo I must check. Either that or Hot Topic--they allow me to have dyed hair (hell, HT encourages it!)
Aside from that, I want to read and paint a lot. My uncles are coming to visit, so we're going to hang around PR with them, too. ^_^ What else, what else. That's about it. Nothing too exciting for now! Sigh. :P
So far, my plans include sleeping a lot, and really, that's about it. However, I suppose I'll probably have to get a summer job, and I might travel a bit. This is my first free summer in quite a while, and I plan to enjoy it. Of course, sleeping is not the most exciting way to spend a summer...
Post a Comment