Subscribe to my full feed.

Friday, June 01, 2007

Onward with the Reunion

YES, we are still planning to have the reunion, and YES,
we really, really hope you'll be there August 3-6 in Boston.
You were probably hoping that we'd have sent you the letter about our final reunion plans by now . I apologize that that is not the case. Unfortunately, we've been delayed by the major issue that has plagued us
from the early planning stages: money.

The current plan:
1. I am still debating hotels. One possibility is the Courtyard Boston South. The main priorities are that it be accessible by subway & airport shuttle, cheap (the one above is $149/night + $19 tax), and willing to let 18 year olds reserve rooms.
How do you feel about hotels which are outside the city, but accessible by subway? How about hotels with 2 stars? Anthony reminds you that during TASP, flies spawned in our milk.
If you have a strong opinion, contact me.
2.I will put the hotel rooms on the credit card I will soon be getting in preparation for college (my mother has approved this).
This raises the following issues:
--Do you and your parents actually trust sending me checks for $130+? (You should evaluate this honestly. I won't be offended.)
--I have to actually apply for and get this credit card

3. In addition, my mother is considering (CONSIDERING) coming to Boston with us, and staying in the same hotel during the reunion. It is important that you realize that she would have NO legal responsibility for you,
nor any sort of liability. She would just be there, reasuring you and your parents, but not actually doing anything.

Other housekeeping matters:
--Anthony is off to summer school at UMich, so he's ceded his planning seat to Aida.

--Maria recently stated "I didn't know four-person hotel rooms existed."
To clarify: the hotel rooms we are looking at have two double beds. You'll have to share with someone of the same gender, or possibly bring a sleeping bag. The goal here is to be economical, and hopefully you are willing to sleep in close proximity with fellow TASPers (Recall, if you will, tickletackle fights, sleepovers, draping, etc. I hope the bed thing isn't a big deal [nevertheless, please feel free to inform me if it is]).

--What are we going to do in Boston? I would appreciate your input;
please look for things that are cheap (or free!) and accessible via public transportation. Suggestions:
-Emerald Necklace Parks
-Freedom Trail

So, I'm hoping to send out the letters in a few days, after consulting with Aida.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Yay, reunion! I'm pretty much going, so consider this an RSVP. :)