(I assume you've heard the Sublime song. If not, that's a direct allusion to a Sublime song.)
Hooolaaaa! We need to pump some life back into this blog yet again... What's happening, kids? I'll tell you a bit about my summer...
First of all: HAPPY TASP ANNIVERSARY!!!! It's been a great year, partly because we've been able to rely on the amazing support system that our TASP has provided. Those 6 weeks last year were amazing, and I've grown a lot because of them. Thanks for everything :)
Now, onto other news.
My plans of landing a dream job sadly did not come true. Turns out not many exciting employers want to hire fresh high school graduates with no work experience. Oh well. On the plus side, the newspaper I write for occasionally has found out I'm currently unemployed, and they keep asking me to cover certain events and write articles for them. So there's something to fill up the days. Next weekend I'm covering a political satire comedy show, featuring two famous Puerto Rican comedians. Soon I'll also be interviewing an up-and-coming singer/songwriter, who just put out a CD. We'll see how that goes, but it should be cool.
Apart from jub-hunting, I've been trying to enjoy my summer as much as possible. It's the first summer in years that I'm going to spend entirely in Puerto Rico. I wouldn't mind traveling a little, but I want to take in the PR scenery and nightlife as much as I can before college. Last Saturday I spent the entire night at the beach, along with most of PR's population, celebrating "Noche de San Juan" (Night of San Juan).
[Explanation: San Juan= Saint John. He's Puerto Rico's patron saint... but the celebrations have nothing to do with religion ;) Basically, everybody goes to the beach at night, has fun, and when the clock strikes 12, we all rush to the water and jump back 7 times. It's supposed to give you good luck for the year. So imagine hundreds of people jumping around in the water, massive water fights... it's amazing. I've missed the last few San Juan Nights because I've been out of the country, so this one was extra special :) ]
What's going on in your lives? Any exciting summer plans??
Even though I'm having lots of fun here, I'm dying to go to college. I need to meet new people, and generally get out of my safety zone. Everyone needs a change every once in a while... and I'm SO excited for Yale! I'm sure college will be great for all of us, and we can't forget to visit each other. Much love, kids!
Laura
Monday, June 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
... Bradley's on the microphone with (Ras-MG)?/
All the people in the dance will agree/
that we're well qualified to represent the LBC ...
Summertime is one of (if not) the most frequently covered songs in human history, or so I'd like to think.
Yup. I didn't even BEGIN the job search, lazy bum that I am. Plus, some people I asked expressed a no-no on account of the fact that I'm STILL 17. *sigh*
Ditto on the college deal. I'm ready to move OUT. I need the change. Desperately.
And man. Levent HAS KEPT FROGGIT FOREVER! I hope to steal it back once he's at Yale. Or, you could do it. We need to get him on the move again now that we're all in college.
Lol I'll get the frog on the move again. S'all good.
Post a Comment