I got into Harvard.
Now, forget that for a second, and pay attention to the following:
All of this is so bittersweet because not everyone got into where they wanted, and that really pisses me off. I hate to be cliché and say that I know things will turn out well for everyone... but I actually do think that. I'm not a huge believer in fate (only in some cases), but I am sure that we don't need to depend on fate to get us where we want in life, because we've worked hard enough. And we won't be happy in only ONE place. There are tons of good colleges out there, and thus, tons of opportunities. And if you don't feel like college, you can always go explore the Amazon and live with the indians for a while. I've always wanted to do that. So to all those colleges that don't know what they are missing... it's their bad. And a deferral is not a denial. Just a thought.
I love you all,
Laura
Saturday, December 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I must say I agree with everything you just posted, Miss Laura.
Sometimes I feel like taking a year off to travel, paint, and explore, so that's honestly an option. Well, not for me because my parents wouldn't agree and I really kinda wanna go to college, lol, but still.
The part that I want to stress here is that there is not ONE single college for anyone out there. College will be what you make it, and as long as you get in somewhere you like, it'll all work out. Obviously you have to put effort into it, but I know all of us will.
<3
LMAO! WHAT?! MONKEY-HUNTING AIDAS.
Ohhhhh, wait, I just got it. I thought for a second that you meant that monkeys would hunt ME. XD
I would think "blue-footed", but who knows, lol.
Seriously, that's one of the best ideas ever. I'm in. :P
CONGRATS LAURA!
And I must say.. Aida, that INTERTASP college list is pretty impressive. I must learn from your crazy networking skills.
Post a Comment