Subscribe to my full feed.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Greetings from Me? No, Yu (get it? get it?)

Hey guys! It's Aida, but I just wanted to let you all know that YU, yes, YU emailed me. She extends the warmest greetings to all of yu (tee-hee!).

So here, let me post an excerpt of the email:

Life is quite different far across the vast pacific ocean, and it was hard for me to adjust to it after all that excitment. Basically, people here are quite detached from the international society, and are not used to think critically.

TASP has changed me forever.From all you amazing people, I learned that even the toughest problem could be solved. And that's why we TASPers exist. To make a difference. ^_^ Perhaps you would remember that I did not like Mindy very much because of our different opinions on some issues in China. But after confronting all these same issues in the Harvard Square and Columbia University, I realized that Mindy did not necessarily want to bash me. And I should not be offended simply because she mentioned something I considered wrong. I should have done more to show people why it is wrong, instead of simply stating "IT IS WRONG". And please do send my greeting,and congratulations on her Wharton acceptance!



[/endquote]

^_^

Awwwww.

The blog is not available to her. I wonder if it is because it is censored? Thought I doubt it. Anyway, I'll get back to you with further details later. ^_^

Love you all and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

P.S. - Yes. I am still dealing with apps, and (see the comma, Diya? :P) I would like to HONESTLY thank you all SO MUCH for all you've done for me. Without you, this whole application process would have been a thousand times more difficult. I am so happy to have met all of you; I can't even put it into words. They don't do my gratitude justice.

You guys gave me the best summer of my life and have continued to be my friends even months after we all went home. Our stay at CBTA may have ended, but we are still the Cornell TASPs of '06 and we freaking RULE. Please never forget that.

Once more, thank you for staying up late talking to me, calling me, sending me letters and hats and pictures of teacup costumes, and just... everything.

I love you all and that is truly, straight from the heart.

I hope you have an AMAZING new year, full of college joys, traveling, new experiences, love, life, fun, and old friendships. I wish you all the best; LOTS of luck and awesome vibes to those that are still applying and/or awaiting decisions. I will see some of you in college, but others I will see because I will keep in contact and try to sleep around. ER. Visit... you... all. *cough* ;)

<3, hell, <[insert infinity symbol here]

10 comments:

Gary Z said...

This post makes me happy.

Thanks a lot Aida*

And haha, falun gong FTW

* Total number of thanks not to exceed 6

Gary Z said...

<∞

mz. aida said...

Yay. ^_^

FTW = Fuck the World
or... Fuck the Wife? You never know.

XD

Anthony Mariano said...

Awww this blog probably wasn't censored in China until you suggested they censor things. Now they won't let us be seen.


This is a glorious post and I love you/Yu all.

Mindy said...

Awwww.. T___T
I hope she gets into Harvard! (Did she apply EA?)

Gary Z said...

FTW = For the win


An enthusiastic emphasis to the end of a comment, message, or post. Sometimes genuine, though often mocking, in jest or sarcastic.

Originated with the game show Hollywood Squares where the result of the player's response is expected to win the game.


This blog prob wasn't censored in China until I mentioned those two words....meh

Grace said...

Yu PEOPLE










wait for it......


*flip*

Anthony Mariano said...

Grace, I still flip tables whenever someone says "you people" but no one EVER laughs. It's a travesty.

mz. aida said...

Oh dear.

I scream "MY PEOPLE?! YOU PEOPLE?!", as well.

Ahh, Labor Quotes.

Laura said...

She's applying to Harvard?! OMG I must email her.