HOW U DOIN?!!?!
ahh its been awhile... i've been lacking on my blog-posting skills. i'll do better though from now and on. we should all promise to post atleast once a month :D. i miss you all a lot and i hope no one is stressing too much with school and 'all that mess.' CONGRATULATIONS anthony, freya, ali, martin, sarah and dan!! good luck with the interviews!! The majority of the spots should MOST DEFFINATELY go to Cornell TASPers. Cuz aren't we the best and the coolest? Fo Sho.
I FINALLY SAW SARAH LAST WEEKEND! We only live 45minutes away from eachother but it took us like 2 months to FINALLY meet up. We walked around West Lafayette's collegetown and then went to this awesome jewelry/cool-looking-stuff store. Aida we thought of you! They had crazy stuff too like baked apple pie insense, giant rocks, overpriced beads, and funny smelling candles. We spent almost 2 hours there, it went by so fast and we found TONS of stuff that reminded us of all you people YOU PEOPLE. *pictures will be posted soon* !!!
School is going well for the most part. I'm still not sleeping.. some things just never change.. I'm in the middle of organizing this Drug Free Pep Session for 1st-3rd graders for REACH (drug awareness organization). I'm excited and I hope they have fun because aren't their attention spans like... 30 seconds?
OOO and it's the 5th day of RAMADAN! Fasting from sunrise to sunset. Its so funny because people ask me how long I'm fasting for and I'm like "about a month". Then they freak out, "you don't eat for an ENTIRE month!?!?!" People don't realize that you would die if you didn't eat for an entire month. Ha, and I love the conversations that go like this: "why aren't you eating?" " i'm fasting" "oh... well if you eat... I won't tell anyone/no one will see you." Jeez.. people these dayssss.
Telluride is organizing this alumni weekend for TASSers. One common complaint that they had was that TASSers lost touch with Telluride after the program. So they're providing us with a taste of the 'college experience' in the Telluride Houses... "providing you assistance with college applications and related dilemmas during your senior year." BASICALLY i get to see OMONIGHO AND RICKY and a few other TASSers on October 12th until the 15th!. It's going to be in Ann Arbor and i'm exciteddd. Speaking of mini-TASP reunions... the CBTA interviews are that weekend right? And that Swarthmore thing is coming up soon too. HAVE FUNNNNN and take lots of pictures.
What is the website for that college-in-Ohio-that-i-can't-remember-the-name weekend? And what date is everyone applying for again? haha i love the idea of taking advantage of these programs.. yesssssssssssssssss
OH YA. Anthony.. thanks for all the facebook groups... HILARIOUSSSSSSSS
<3!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I'd like to add the following to Aida's post:
While walking to my car through a sea of drunkenl, weaving, oddly costumed college students (Purdue's Homecoming was that day) Nahla spotted William Masters' car pulling into the bookstore's parking lot. Mr. Masters, you will recall, is a member of Deep Springs '76 and the arbiter of the tabled "to coeducate or not to coeducate, that is the question" debate at D.S. He has the added distinction of being our mutual interviewer.
So Aida and I dashed over to Dr. Master's car like a pair of intoxicated undergrads. When he and his daughter, Beatrice (13--she's friends with about half of this year's Bar Mitzvah class at my synagogue), emerged from the car, they seemed somewhat startled.
"We're having a mini TASP reunion!!!!" we yelled. Dr. Masters was unimpressed.
"So...you're applying to...college? now?" he asked. We replied in the affirmative.
Then he walked away in a daze.
It was a very strange encounter
haha that was SOOOO awkwardddd
BTW aida or nahla?
:P
UGH!!! MY COMMENT DIDN'T POST!! DANGIT!! So. Summary of what was once there.
Ditto. Love you, girl! ^^ We ARE the best. Pshhh.
Laura and I saw each other just a WEEK ago and we live much closer than any of you. Alas, being busy = not meeting up with ease. Oh well.
AWW YAY! I love having people be reminded of me (in good ways, of course!). HUZZAH. I can't wait to see your pictures, girls! Whee!
Bah, same here. I'm either getting odd hours or very little at all. Sometimes I do sacrifice schoolwork for a little more sleep, but thankfully the deadlines move to magically suit my needs, XD. Good karma, baby!! Bwahaha. Yep, kids are like goldfish, minus the cool, orange scales...mostly, anyway, hehe.
GOOD LUCK ON YOUR FASTING!! Actually, I want to do that one year... Hm. Next Ramadan I might. ^_^ Especially because the reason for it is so beautiful.
Yes, ma'am. We don't eat for a full month. We Muslims are just that awesome and magical. XD
Aw! Lucky! Have fun at the reunion and say hi to 'Nigho and Ricky for me, as well as the others who go and are from Cornell! ^_^ GOSH. ANN ARBOR. PLEEEEASE take many pics, Nahla. I really want to see the campus and an insider's view of it. TELL ME ALL ABOUT IT! Mmkay? *grin*
Indeeds. I SHALL take many gazillion pics, chica! It's ME we're talking about here! ;P
Oberlin, it's Oberlin. The date is the last one... the Nov/Dec one. We are totally devious. *grin* And the Facebook groups crack me up, too, heh.
SARAH! You totally confused Nahla with me there! Psh. You just think about me all the time, don't you? Nice Freudian slip. ;P
Awkward! I would've made strange noises at him and pecked in the air like a chicken or something just for kicks. :D
ummmm....i don't really know why i said aida....
Post a Comment