Whereas we have collectively demonstrated a lot of interest in a reunion.
Whereas some of us fear how the idea has already somewhat faded into the background.
Whereas there were disputes and we could not unanimously vote on a location.
Whereas the socio-economic diversity of the Cornell TASPs is vast and could be fatal to any reunion attempt.
Whereas hotels costs a lot of money and the lack of hotel costs could surely create new reunion opportunities for many.
Whereas CBTA knows we are awesome and has money it doesn't know what to do with.
Be It Resolved That: The Cornell TASPs will collectively petition either TA or housemembers of CBTA (after a decision has been made on acceptances) to allow us to use CBTA for one weekend for our reunion in June before another TASP starts.
Saturday, September 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
I agree.
yes, we could help the factota for the Cornell TASP'07 prepare the house for TASP!
Argh, I'm facing a serious dilemma. I was also accepted to the Princeton Humanities Symposium, so I might go there instead.
BUT.
I'm wondering, if my dad picks me up in Princeton, is there anyway he could drive me to Swarthmore before the Discovery Weekend TASPers leave?
I vote "aye!"
MINDY! YOU BEACH!
:P
I could never apply for the Princeton one; it was all secretive and nuts. Merf.
Hmm... If you would probably go more to Princeton than Swarthmore, I say go to the PHS. Plus, you'll be there with Johes. :)
I have NO idea about your question, Mindy. :S
AND I VOTE AYE!!
We could ask for more than just a weekend. Always ask for more so that when you get what you get, it's more along the lines of what you want. XD
Team, we must have a reunion. MUST.
It's like in Harry Potter, where Harry is only protected by his mother's love as long as he can call the Dursleys' house "home," and he has to return there once a year to maintain that.
Except we're a whole bunch of Harrys.
And we don't hate the Cornell Telluride House.
And it's not our mothers' love, it's our TASPian love.
But yeah.
Stanley...that has some serious grammatical and spelling issues. Proofread.
Haha, Tara.
It's a fragging metaphor, Stanley. Calm down.
lol, Tara was my dog's name. Mind you, she was a gorgeous dog, but I digress.
UUUUHM. I agree with "Tara". :P I'm a Harry, but with Weasley hair... Or Tonk's hair!! Whoo.
But in all seriousness. Reunion. This is one of the main reasons I'm going to tutor my friggin' ass off. If my parents won't pay for it, I'll do it myself. I find it unlikely that they'll deny me that gift, but still. One can never be too careful with the 'rents!
Does no one else associate Tara with Scarlet in Gone with the Wind? That was the first thing to pop into my head.
ok, well, I propose that you go about making all the necessary arrangements Tony.
I also have a BIRT.
Whereas we do want a reunion.
Whereas Puerto Rico is fucking awesome.
Whereas you should all come here during the summer or something.
Be it resolved that as many TASPers as possible will attempt to somehow get to Puerto Rico during the summer, around a date where most could meet.
Yeah. Worth a shot. ^^
*Nose*
The Mariano Amendment: No action shall be taken earlier than October 22nd, 2006.
Friendly.
Post a Comment