Subscribe to my full feed.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Forty-nine

....people applied to CBTA.



Last year about 35 applied.



Bigger applicant pool = more people selected for the interview rounds??



oh the angst

10 comments:

mz. aida said...

Forty.
Friggin'.
Nine.






I think I have officially lost 99% of my hope.

Anthony Mariano said...

Who is ~the man~? Since I don't know and he has acted as our benevolent leader I shall simply refer to him as the Holy See.

Holy See...CALM DOWN! You do come off as rude and insensitive. I really dislike when people try to export how they feel onto other people. I'm not worried so you shouldn't be either. It's arrogant and judgmental. I'm stressed about CBTA and so are many of the other TASPers and what I really think is terrific is that we have one another to lean on, sometimes through this blog. Maybe other people are more attached to this than you are and want it more. And let's remember there is huge financial assistance that comes along with this, which is also important to people.

In the end, I will get my hopes up and get down on myself and call Sarah, Freya and Aida and stress about it. And in the end I wish everyone the best and I'm sure in some way I'll enjoy the ride.

But you already knew that.

Your ever-humble servant,

Anthony W. Mariano

Anthony Mariano said...

P.S. We know 49 applied, but to slightly quell fears I would suppose that not all of those were TASPers. They have stellar non-TASP applicants I'm sure but that may calm people down ever so slightly.

mz. aida said...

Artemis = Miss Freya

The Man. Methinks it's Dan.
Anyhoozers.
You make a good point, but still. The people will rant, rave, stress, and freak out regardless. I guess if it annoys you, just don't read it. *shrug* The Facebook group is the perfect spot to talk about it, but it shouldn't have to be the only one. We all know life will go on, but it's a big deal to some people, like Anthony said. Also, this blog was meant to exist so we could keep in contact with the rest of our fellow TASPers and update everyone about our lives and all that, so if someone is feeling stressed or overburdened, I think it's perfectly fine if they decide to write it down here. This is where they can get support and a shoulder to lean on because we are all friends and/or we're going through something similar (or the same thing, whathaveyou).

We'd all love to be carefree and not have to worry, but it's something we can't avoid, especially because we are who we are. Plus, as far as CBTA goes, it's pretty important in most of our lives.

haha, you're all welcome to call me and bitch about life, love, CBTA, and everything... just do it after 4 PM my time. ;P

I'm not going to bitch at you, Dan, 'cause I know I hate whiny people... but I generally criticize those who whine for petty things or for no reason, and in this case... I don't think that applies.

Johes said...

dan...

anthony...

I think I know how we can settle all this....



FOOSBALL WAR!!!!!

mz. aida said...

I say you all wrestle naked in a vat of tapioca pudding...









(cough)

Just a suggestion.

Anthony Mariano said...

Foosball war? What a bittersweet suggestion. *weeps*

Hannah said...

As excellent as Anthony and Aida's explanations are, they are unecessary. If one were to find the content of this blog so irritating, there is no need to read it any longer...and certainly no need to write lengthy and possibly bitchy responses.

Dan said...

sorry to start all of that.

i don't want to tell anyone how to feel. yes, i was judgemental. yes, i posted in the heat of my annoyance.

i apologise.

Alberto said...

I never got to read the comment because I think Dan erased it :(