As Alberto points out, the idyllic era we spent as companions in the world of ideas and rambling 2am conversations at the sticky dining tables is receding ever farther into the past. In order that it not fade into a pleasant blur in our collective memories, I propose that we record here TASP gems.
Obviously, there are many remembrance-based posts already, and perhaps some of you have moved beyond stage of frequent TASP reminiscence.
But then suddenly in the cafeteria, a forkful of reconstituted casserole half-way to your mouth, a grin may spread across your face as you recall something tiny and perfect from TASP. If you have such moments, you might wish to record them here.
Here is my TASP gem, recalled as I was talking to Anthony:
It was the first gray morning, and it was drizzling lightly. A lot of us were eating breakfast. Ray and Tamara, known to us then only as "the professors," walked up the path sharing an umbrella. We remarked on how cute that was.
I like to think that the umbrella was yellow, but I actually I believe it was black.
Wednesday, September 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
it was light green, and her coat and shoes matched.
I remember that, I was with y'all. Reading that made me feel all warm inside. :)
I was talking to a friend the other day. I said something to her. She looked and me and replied, "Stop mocking me!" As memories of Mindy's adorable indignation flashed through my head, a tearful grin slowly spread acros my face.:)
I have a TASP gem that Sarah and I shared the other night. Tamara once openly referred to Levent as "Turkey." She quickly apologized and explained "She [Yu] just talked about China, now you are gunna talk about Turkey." THAT'S MY TAMMY LOOS!
Today I went to target and I used the little blood pressure thing, and it reminded me of the time that I went with Aida and Grace and we all took a turn placing our arm in that scary contraption.
Oh wow, I remember that!! It was the day of the Greek Dinner! My blood pressure was way better than yours, bwaha.
Post a Comment