Subscribe to my full feed.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Chicago *07!!


ya so its been a week.. one of the slowest weeks i've had for awhile. ofcourse all the memories are alive but it feels like SO long since i've seen you guys. i'm loving our 3am aim conversations~ ha even if the subjects are always random as hell *cough sex cough*. ha we gotta keep those up and i hope we (i KNOW we will) keep up w/ this blog as well, as gary says 'till it becomes detrimental to our health'. School starts monday, 12:20pm, and i'm not dreading it like i used to back in the day but I know once it starts.... ha we'll see. Its crazy to think that a year from now everything will be all figured out.
i love my family and all but its so much easier to handle them when i'm miles and miles away. I miss all the freedom we had. my parents are crazy! i understand that their rules are strict because 'this is not how it is in Sudan' and they don't want us to 'lose our culture' but sometimes they take it to far. I wish they'd stop equating 'going out' with 'becoming americanized'. parents these days... man...
ya so our TASP t-shirts are awesome. One of my brothers is obsessed w/ them and my other brother looked at and read it aloud as "TASP 2006.. Cornell University... Sir Calm, wut the hell?????" ha and i tried explaining to them how awesome it is to sit on ethiopia with you guys and my mom's reaction is pretty much just "oh.. thats nice.. thats really nice.." ha then again i can't expect them to understand. ya and i keep snapping.. wuts up with that??
wow I really miss you all SO much and I'm always thinking about you guys~ You have all changed my life and its so hard being back after you know what's better and what it should be like. Thank you all for being such amazing, intelligent, energetic, hilarious and wonderful people .. This experience has deffinately been the best in my life and i will never forget the awesome memories we share. I can't wait to see you all next year or just whenever you guys are passing through this amazing amazing state of indiana. (ha ya i'm kidding). Good luck and enjoy school or the rest of summer. and KEEP IN TOUCH.
take careeeeeeeeee
<3!!

"Life changes. You get it all lined up just the way you like it and then something beyond your control comes along and bumps you off center. How nice it would be if you could get everything just the way you want it and say, 'Okay, now, stay.' But nothing stays the same. You grow up, make friends, lose friends, go to college, lose track of people, meet new ones, and sometimes you ask yourself why. But all I can tell you is the every single experience you go through like this changed you in some way. Every new person who comes into your life changes you. Every moral dilemma or emotional experience you come up against changes you. It's your job to decide how. That's how character is developed."

1 comment:

mz. aida said...

No, goddammit! NO 3 AM CONVERSATIONS! I can't join. :( Well, sometimes I can sneak up and do it, tee-hee. Sex? Of course. Always degenerates into gross/disturbing things or sex. THE FUNNEST THINGS IN LIFE. Yes, funnest.

"I miss all the freedom we had. my parents are crazy!" Oh man. I can sooooo relate. >_<

DITTO! And WHY is it called Ethiopia, anyway? I never knew! XD