Subscribe to my full feed.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Nightmare

Dear Tasp family,

So I don't know how many of you Taspers ever listened to me retelling eerie, bizarre dream sequences...but i had a dream last night that scared the crap out of me. And it involved a lot of telluride things.

It started out with me being in a strange camp-like environment. I think it was like little-kid girlscouts (though i was never one, so i wouldnt really know). We had color teams and i was one of the oldest people there, so i had to live in a special Red cabin. Kira was present, and she was helping me unpack. And though i never dreamed it, i was very consciously aware that Omonigho was angry or upset about something. (but she was never in my dream). SO i kept asking Kira about Omonigho, but she was very dismissive and placating. Therefore, i was pissed. I went to the 'main camp office' (which looked like the small copying room in the house)and was trying to xerox a bunch of stuff when i saw Ricky. So i asked him if omonigho was still upset but he vanished too quickly. Then i was back in the Red Cabin with Kira, but the roof kept caving in on me. She just stood there so I had to stand on the top bunk and hold up the roof myself. The entire structure was falling down around me, all these splinters were raining down on my shoulders, and i could only hold up a small part of the roof.

That entire part of the dream just gave me this, intuitive, underlying frantic feeling. It was like i knew something bad was going to happen, but i had no idea what it would be. SO THEN it morphed into a new scene. A bunch of people and I were in the dining room of the House, and the lights were excrutiatingly dim. I don't remember anyone distinct, but im pretty sure i was surrounded by Taspers. It mustve one of our dance-party things, because everyone was moving around in dancing-like motions. However, i dont remember any music. There was this guy next to me who i had never seen before. He looked kinda like an older, bigger version of draco malfoy (but his hair was orangey, not so white-blonde)and i asked him what seminar he was in, but he kept repeating that he was a housemember. He was talking to me when he fell over on the ground. I started shouting but everyone kept dancing. I remember thinking he must be diabetic, so i looked around for dan but i couldnt find him.

I mustve been only half-dreaming at this point, because i was dreaming that i was reaching for the lightswitch (you know, the ones by the dining room doorway) when i was ACTUALLY sitting up in bed and flicking on my lamp. Of course, the light woke me right up. I was staring at my empty bedroom floor, looking for the guy and realizing that he didnt actually exist.

I am trying (but failing) to communicate how absolutely terrifying this dream sequence was. I dunno, i thought i'd write it down before i forgot. I think i told someone this before, but i always seem to have nightmares-- or at least extremely unsettling dreams.

Besides that (ha!) things are going pretty well. Cross-country isnt so bad, and im working on my house app. Tonight i might go downtown to see my friend's band play in a rockoff. Hope you all are having a great end-of-summer!

2 comments:

mz. aida said...

You people (YOU PEOPLE?!) and your applications. It's like you actually are working. Psh. haha, I have to get started on mine. I had to see what I'd write my essay on but the topic came straight from the sky, just like last time. It always seems to happen that way; it just falls into place perfectly.

AAAAnyhow. I've been dreaming about TASPers every night, though I haven't written them down and sometimes I forget just as I wake up, knowing only that I dreamt about my lovely friends. At least it's comforting to have you in my dreams every night. They're not nightmares, though one came close at one point. It was dark and bizarre and SOMETHING was going on with a hot-dog. I think I rather NOT remember much about that part. Eek. XD

Maria A said...

I think I've had thre TASP dreams, but they're rather amorphous, disturbing and dark not-quite-nightmares. One involved half of TASP becoming vampires and hiding from the sun during the day while the other group went horseback riding at a ranch near Ithaca. Another was about a dance party from hell- literally, I think the devil was hosting :p I don't really remember the earliest one, but there were mass casualties involved...something about me getting lost in the Telluride House. It's strange that i can't call them nightmares because I am just too glad to be dreaming about the TASPers in any form.