Subscribe to my full feed.

Saturday, August 19, 2006

FROGGIT! Goddamn, get me some shoes, betch.

Okay guys. Here's the deal.
I've devised a sensational little program to help us all feel a little more love in our lives and cool down those Post-TASP Blues. This is how it goes:

I have a small, stuffed frog. It is identical to Froffit in its colors (red eyes, green body, yellow belly and such). The material is non-fuzzy: kind of like the smooshy, green pillow I brought to TASP. He will be the main character in this whole shebang: the love-token to be shared.

I will mail him in a box, along with a letter to the next recipient and a letter for the "final" recipient, which will be unknown to all until each person gets the box. In the box there will be a checklist with every Cornell TASPer's address and name. They will be in a random order, selected by the process of drawing names from a bag, so everyone SHOULD abide by whatever order I establish. This is to prevent everyone purposefully mailing the box to close friends and instead being open to mailing someone they might not know all that well. There will also be a little brochure for you to peruse in the box (whose content is yet unknown :P).

When each TASPers gets his/her box, they have to check their names off the list and write a letter for the next TASPer they send the box to, as well as one for the final person on the list (if they so desire, though I strongly recommend doing so). The TASPer will keep the mini-Froffit (named Froggit) for about a week, more or less. They should sleep with the frog or have it somewhere nearby, so they can infuse its little smooshy body with their love. They also have to travel around with Froggit. Half the point of this activity is to keep in touch and spread the love, but the other half is to let other TASPers know about your hometown. SO, guys, you should go to exciting locales in your city or to places you hold dear, whatever you want, and take pictures. The pics must have either Froggit or you WITH Froggit in them as "proof". Be creative! Try different poses, cool angles, even outfits. Go wild and have a fun time: that's the point!

The pics should then be uploaded and posted on this blog, along with an explanation for every pic. The explanation can be as long as you want. Mainly, you should remember to include the name of the place and explain why you picked it (its importance to you or your town).

When your time-window is up (you have to keep Froggit for a week, MINIMUM) and you've taken a nice enough amount of pics, you then send off Froggit with all his documentation to the next person on the checklist.

The cycle repeats itself until everyone has hosted Froggit. When the cycle is over and I'm reunited with my little frog, we'll all have a bunch of pics to show for it and we'll know more about the places in which our fellow TASPers live. ^_^ Also, we'll have shared the love in the form of a little, smooshy amphibian. :D

Think of this as The Roaming Gnome meets The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants!

If any TASPer does NOT own a digital camera, they can use a regular camera and go develop the roll of film at a store; places nowadays generally offer to put them on a CD or diskette for a little more money. Then there's always the option of developing the film and then -scanning- the pictures. If someone has NO photographic equipment at all, they should ask a friend to take the pics for them or if they can *gasp* borrow their cam. If not, buy a disposable camera, dangit! Just make this work! lol

Oh. And I need Chris' address. Also, we have 3 international students: Levent, Yu, and Ethiopian Mike. I'll try to check how much it would cost to send this package to those places or if someone can do it for me, I'd be super grateful, too. In any case, we should include them, but we have to check out the costs. :/ Maybe we could develop a little TASP fund: everyone pitches in so we can work this stuff out.

AND I thought we should include Jenny and Josh. Josh is a MUST, though, for more than obvious reasons.

SO. This is happening. Comments, anyone? I really need the input, mainly on the money/international students part.

10 comments:

Gary Z said...

BRILLIANT!

Mindy said...

WAH, I WANT HIM FIRST.

Johes said...

Everyone, you guys have to force the people who haven't joined the blog to join for this to work. Right now, Marina, Ingrid, Ricky, Jenny O'Kell, Jenny Tiskus, Co'Relous, and Don are not parto of the blog. So set off and persuade to the best of your abilities!

Gary Z said...

They don't really have to be part of the blog eh? Sure it'd be great if they were, but if they really don't want to they can foward pics etc and have others post. It'll work as long as they foward the frog and do the necessary steps. We have their phone numbers, we can make it work.

Alberto said...

AHHH, I am so excited!
I am going to take him with me to school!
Aida basically you are amazing, there's no other way to describe it.
But quick question, should we wash him. By the end of all of this he'll probably be pretty dirty/nasty, especially if everyone sleeps with him.

Alberto said...

also, just to make sure that this does work, if we notice that someone has been hanging on to froggit too long, we can all call them and harass them about it via facebook, myspace, email, telephone etc...

mz. aida said...

Indeed. I think everyone would cooperate and not keep Froggit for a month. If by some amazing cirmcumstance they can't get to a post office or something after a week or two, we can make allowances, but ONLY given dire circumstances or the fact that they're taking Froggit to tons of places. Then it's more acceptable. But still, everyone should use their common sense with this.

Exactly, their not being part of the blog is not the issue. The big issues here are the fact that we have 3 people who live UBER far away and that we need Chris' address, 'cause the one on the contact list is Grace's, not his. The rest are on facebook or we can contact by email and such. BUT we should try to get everyone to join the blog. It would speed things up and make things go smoother.

And yay! Support! :D

mz. aida said...

And oh, as to washing him... Um, sure, as long as you follow the directions on the little label he has, I think. Though only do that if he gets WAY dirty. The point of this is also to share. And by that I mean share the sweat, dust, tears, and blood. Well, not BLOOD, but you get my drift. ;P

Hannah said...

mmm i like

Grace said...

When do we start?? I'm excited! Ooh, ooh...we can't let too many people have him for two weeks, though, because...basically...we'll be going to college in 52 weeks.