Subscribe to my full feed.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Trials and Tribulations: The Seventh Seal

Good title, eh? Unfortunately, not really related to the body of this post. This is simply to inform all of youse of my misadventures, since you were very kind and politely inquired about my

THREE-DAY JOURNEY FROM HELL

It started off badly enough, with lots of silent crying in the taxi on the way to the aeroport. LITTLE DID I KNOW..that it would get much, much worse. I didn't realize I only had a 49-minute layover, so I accidentally spent too much time loving Kira, Johes and Aida (could you blame me?). Then I got confused. I went to the wrong terminal, I think. God hates me. I missed my flight. Which made me miss my other flight; the one that would've taken me to Springfield. So, um. I cried. I was stranded in Chicago. (Sheron, that's when I called you...and you were NOTATHOME) I was soooo prepared to sleep in the airport (did I mention my luggage went on without me? So I wore the same clothes for...ew...three days). I was brushing my teeth when my cousin called me back - YAY! A place to sleep! I had another flight at 7:50 the next morning. I thought I was home free!!

I THOUGHT WRONG. I actually got on the plane, sat there on the runway for 1.5 hours, and then had to get off. The flight was canceled. Evidently a vital piece of machinery had withered and died within the bowels of the plane. People moaned and groaned and stampeded to Customer Service. I waited an hour in line, then received an accidentally mean phone call:

C: Hey! Are you sure you don't want to go to the fair? It's only 5 minutes, I could come back and pick you up.
Me: Wh...what? The fair?
C: Yeah! Come with us!
Me: IS THIS SOME KIND OF SICK JOKE??
C: ....oh, crap, I called the wrong sister. Sorry Grace, HAHAHAHAHA
Me: Not funny. *cries a little*

So I was standing at the counter drooling in front of a line full of pissed would-be passengers. I must've been really pathetic, but also I was a minor traveling alone. So the lady secretly put me on a flight for later that day. Then I cried from sheer relief.

I waited patiently. I was a frickin' SAINT. That plane was coming, ohhh yes. It was going to take me home. I was as patient as a potted plant.

The plane was delayed. I held my breath, but waited anyway.
The plane was delayed. My patience faltered a little.
The plane was delayed. I died on the inside.
The plane was canceled. I SCREAMED.

I spent another night in Chicago.

Someone called for me and ranted at the powers that be ("What would YOU do if your little child was stuck in a big bad city?? ALL AWONE?"), so I got a flight for the next evening. Unfortunately, it was to St. Paul/Minneapolis and then to Springfield. There was a problem. Evidently, the powers that be had not told the other powers that be. After talking (with a very silly lisp) to his betters, the Agent at the Gate (sounds like he's from the Matrix) sniffed, shrugged his shoulders, and flicked me a boarding pass.

"Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, get on the plane."

God. I could've cried. BUT I DIDN'T!!

I kissed the ground in Springfield. Paul was there to meet me at the airport. There was a happy ending. And, in the end, I learned my lesson, which I passed on to Brendan:

Never
Ever
Ever
Fly United.

2 comments:

mz. aida said...

Yikes. Three days with the same clothes. At least you didn't sweat too much or roll in the mud...right? :P

As patient as a potted plant?! XD

This reads like a nice little thriller. GRACE. You should'a boarded a plane for PR! I would've welcomed you. Muah!

I'm glad you're back home, safe and sound. And you should be getting my letter sometime today, since Anthony already got his and I sent them all out at the same time. ^_^ And your package is... sorta almost done. Whee!

Anonymous said...

Grace! I would be stunned that you survived that ordeal, except I know that you are a marvelously strong and empowered supernatural being. Thus, this incident merely serves to reaffirm my intense admiration of you.