Sunday, August 20, 2006
Colleges.. BAH
Yes, we've been isolated in pure intellectual bliss for six weeks... but now, it's time to face the cold, harsh reality of college admissions. I thought that we might want to suffer through this together, so perhaps we should compile a list of our top choices. Yes, I know that this is incredibly nerdy, but it'll give us an idea of where we're heading.. and with whom we might be spending the next four years. So perhaps list your top 4-5 choices (along with where you're applying early) in a comment, and I'll compile a list.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

21 comments:
Ok. SO. My choices:
Cornell
UMich
UT Austin
Boston U
UPenn
Ball State (saaaafety!)
That's it so far. To Penn I might apply just for kicks, haha, who knows. In the end, I might just not apply. I'm applying ED to Cornell if I get into the house, methinks... I'm still hazy on my details about all this. ^^
Cornell - Early maybe
Harvard
Brown
Georgetown
Boston College
Tufts
Syracuse
American
George Washington
Penn ED (Wharton)
UMich
Princeton
Columbia
Harvard
NYU Stern
UC Berkeley
MIT EA
Stanford
Harvard
Cornell
Princeton or Yale
UC-Berkeley
Carnegie-Mellon
UMich
maybe add another safety...
(tentative list)
Umich^n
Cornell (perhaps ED if CBTA is kind)
and um, that actually might be it.
or, i wish it was
You friggin' smarty pantses. :P
For sure:
Cornell (perhaps early)
Brown
UT Austin (Plan II)
Umich
and lots of other maybes that I have to narrow down (Like Harvard just to say that I turned it down if I get in)
Well, I can tell you where I'm visiting next month...based on those visits, this list may change.
Brown
RISD (because it's right by Brown)
Carnegie-Mellon
Yale
Princeton
Boston College
Swarthmore
Skidmore
Tufts
I don't think I'll live in a Telluride House, guys. Sorry.
UChicago--Mindy, I thought you liked it too? :(
Yale
Johns Hopkins
Swarthmore
Wesleyan
Northwestern
Kenyon
UPenn ?
Cornell?
Pomona?
Let's be sure to compile a list of where we end up going in like nine months.
4 or 5? Ha! Right now it looks like I'm applying to like 15 schools.....psh...a tentative list below
Early?
Massachusetts Inst. of Technology
University of Chicago
Regular...
Princeton University
Harvard University
Yale University
Stanford University
University of Pennsylvania (Wharton)
Duke University
Columbia University
Cornell University
Washington University in St. Louis
Northwestern University
Brown University
Johns Hopkins University
University of Michigan
maybe even some others....
Wait wait wait. Aida...BALL State? Is that a joke. Is that a nickname for Deep Springs? Don't tell Donald about Scrotum University.
Presenting Ball State
http://www.bsu.edu/
On July 25, 1917 local industrialists the Ball Brothers, founders of the Ball Corporation bought the Indiana Normal Institute out of foreclosure. For $35,100, the Balls bought the Administration building and surrounding land bordered by University Avenue, McKinley Avenue, Riverside Avenue and Tillotson Avenue, except for the northwest quadrant which was kept as a wildlife preserve (Christy Woods).
hahah ball brothers.
HAHAHA.
Fuck you.
Thanks.
:P lol. NO it's not a joke, it's a real university... a lot of people go there for Communications. I think Letterman went there? I could be wrong. My mind is fuzzy right now. Perhaps even moldy. Merf!
And Grace, what are you going to study? Didn't you want to go into advertising and such? Though you could totally study Fine Arts or something along those lines and work that. You friggin' rule. So I'm gonna look around your lists and check them out... see if there are any options out there I might want to consider as well. I checked out Tufts because I didn't know the had Comms, so I gotta keep researching that one... Meef!
My list is so small compared to everyone's, lmao. And Gary? You are fucking insane. That is all.
P.S. - Men running around in Testicle Suits. THAT is all.
Aida...imagine meeting all ur family friends at your graduation party. They ask where you will be attending. You say "Ball State" and they say "No, really." This could be your future. BEWARE!
I do love UChicago! I'm applying to so many schools that I forgot to include it on the list. After visiting Penn, however, I've decided to apply there early.. we'll see how that goes. =/
And also, if accepted to UChicago and Cornell, I would probably choose UChicago. Sorry, guys =(
No worries, Anthony. That's my last option. And trust me, I'm getting into my others so I'm totally not going to resort to my safety, dammit.
WORD OF GOD!
Amen.
"Men running around in Testicle Suits. THAT is all."
I knew this was gonna come back to haunt me.....
note to self: censor myself around Aida.
and now for a fobish smilie
^__^
What?
What?
Testicle suits? What? Where?
Ooh, Aida...I don't know, those are just schools I'm visiting because of their proximity to other schools I'm visiting. As in, "Hit two colleges in one day!" kinda thing.
And also, I'm thinking basically art these days. Film studies. Theatre literature. Advertising. Underwater basket-weaving. Seriously, if a school doesn't have those programs, it's a no-go.
only at TASP could a discussion about colleges could turn into testicle-suit-induced madness.
Post a Comment